The Elora Rocks Lawn Bowling club was established in 1906 with 20 members joining in the first year. The Club was located at the Irvine River Bridge. In 1936 the Club moved to its present location on David Street East. The buildings were moved from the old greens in 1938. The Ladies club was organized in 1928 and the men and ladies clubs amalgamated in 1984.
Lawn bowling at the original site of the Elora Rocks club near the Irvine River bridge (Geddes Street at David Street West), circa 1909. In the background is St. Mary Catholic School (1889-1942), currently a private home.
Undated photo. The caption reads: “Labor Day Bowling Tournament, Elora, Ont.”
Undated photo. The caption reads: “Elora Bowling Greens, the largest in Canada (80 rinks), Elora, Ontario”.